<VV> 140 carb jet sizes

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Oct 15 10:59:28 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/15/2005 7:20:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Jebfmc at aol.com writes:

> Hi All,
>  I have a 1966 140 4-speed convert, no smog heads, no A/C. My info
> suggests main jet size is 0.050 and secondary carb jet size is 0.046. I am
> not
> completely satisfied with the performance (not smooth at acceleration  2000
> RPM to
> 3000 RPM and  some hesitation/lurching as secondaries kick in.  I want to
> know if anyone else is using jet sizes different from factory  recommended
> sizes
> to get smooth acceleration and secondary transition.

****

Welcome to the group!    Yes, gasolines are formulated  much differently
today....mainly they're oxygenated....less  gas in a given volume.

I hear most are running 52 /50         but I'd try  leaving the 50's up front
and put the 52's in the secondaries.....

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug