<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 9, Issue 134

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Oct 16 16:03:15 EDT 2005

>(I remember Matt posting once how to set distributor, but lost the e-mail
>on computor
>change)

Don't remember that posting but the way I do it with points is to set the
timing mark on the initial advance point I want (engine off, key removed).

Connect a DVM to the negative side of the coil and to ground. Set the meter
to the lowest resistance scale (200 of 400 ohms usually).

Then turn the distributor to where the points are just closed but if a
finger brushes it, they open. That is pretty close.

Padgett