<VV> RE: " 40 Years, 40 Yenko's "

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Mon Oct 17 12:15:41 EDT 2005

From: "Gary Funkhouser" <vms.inc2 at juno.com>
Subject: <VV> Fwd:  " 40 Years, 40 Yenko's "
--- In fastvair at yahoogroups.com, dfgiannotti at w... wrote:

                  The Big Event
                 --------------------
Open to all Corvairs, honoring Yenko Sports Car, Inc.

What is It?  Probably the Finest, Historic Corvair Event ever
conceived..3 Days, 3 Major Events...

2006 marks the 40th year of the birth of the famed ( Corvair ) Yenko
Stinger. At the BeaveRun Drivers Meeting this past August, Mark
Gillespie announced that he was initiating an Event honoring Don Yenko and
his cars near
Warren/Cleveland Ohio, with a Track Racers Reunion Day at nearby
Nelson Ledges Raceway. The site was picked because many tests were
conducted at this home track for Yenko Chevrolet.

        ---Saturday Evening Banquet---

Banquet will be held at the host Hotel. An
Evening of guest speakers from the Yenko
Era. Many who worked at the Yenko Chevrolet Dealership. More TBA in
future
releases.

                  --- Car Show ---

Major Car Show featuring ALL Yenko Models...All Corvairs and selected
Chevy Super Cars are invited. Prominent Show Site. People's Choice
Awards. Group Photo of all Yenko Stingers. We will have a "Major"
unveiling at the Show. You do not want to miss this, very Historic
Happening......

                   --- Track Day ---

Nelson Ledges Track Day. Parade Laps of all Yenko's and invited
Cars..The big names in Corvair and Chevrolet come back home to the
"Ledges"....
All Corvairs are sought and welcomed for the Time Trials. Awards..

Celebrity Appearances, Major Vendors,
( Corvair and Non-Corvair ), "Book Release", Swap Meet, Tech
Sessions,and more........

We would like to recruit folks to help on the different Committee's.
It will take a good size staff to bring this Event to Conclusion. Major
Sponsor Announcement forthcoming. We will have alot more details to
share in the future releases, please stay tuned....

Event Dates--July 22, 23, 24,  2006

Dan Giannotti

--- End forwarded message ---

Looks to be the weekend before the 2006 Convention...............

Gary Swiatowy

the property
of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mail to:
vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
VirtualVairs at corvair.org

End of VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 9, Issue 143