<VV> Rotation direction

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 19:06:04 EDT 2005

However, I think the Corvair crank rotation was chosen for a VERY different
reason. This allowed GM to use existing transmission designs, rotating them in
 their original design direction. Hence the similarity to Corvair
transmissions  and their front engined counterparts. It's no coincidence that the Sag
trannies,  and the early 3 speeds are essentially lifted right from their front
engined  cousins. And the PG became the aluminum PG used slightly later in
front engined  applications.
The final drive, being TOTALLY unique to the Corvair, could be designed to
run any direction they wanted to.

In a message dated 10/20/2005 7:01:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,