<VV> ultra van

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 20 20:35:37 EDT 2005

I've not seen another answer, if you haven't heard anything direct let
me know and I'll dig up a couple e-mail addresses of UV owners.
Perhaps they didn't notice your note the first time.

On Oct 19, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Weldvair at aol.com wrote:

> I am interested in buying a  Ultra Van & have read every  thing on the
> site
> about them, however I have several question.
>
> 1. Are they pleasant to drive.....engine power/brakes/handling

The fact that they are so light is a common positive comment.  Engine
power is debatable - they don't climb grades really well.  My advice to
a prospective Ultra Van owner is an echo of what I got from Bob Marlow
when looking at Greenbriers - "Remember that the drive is part of the
hobby.  If you want to set the cruise at 75 on the highway, you should
pick something else."

> 2. Any special items to look for when buying one

Inspect it like a car *and* a home.  I believe the Ultra Van Tech
manual is on their web site - look on the CORSA chapters page to find
it.

> 3. Corvair vs V8 power
> 3.Do  you know of any for sale in Florida.

No idea on the last two.  Good luck!

--Bryan