<VV> Engine rotation

Tom Wright mail2tom at vaxxine.com
Thu Oct 20 22:36:51 EDT 2005

So far, unless I missed something, I didn't see a definite answer to Lew's question, so I get my .02 worth in here.

My opinion is the Corvair spins the same as every other GM engine. Just because the PTO is at the front of the engine instead of the rear doesn't mean the engine is mounted in the car backwards. It was always confusing to me to stand at the front of a water pumper with my right hand on the left (drivers side) fender. Why? The car is to be viewed from the drivers seat behind the steering wheel, thus the drivers side fender is the left side, and viewing the engine rotation, it doesn't matter where the engine is, it rotates the same way from where I sit as the driver.

Yes / No?

Tom Wright
St.Catharines
www.vaxxine.com/tomspage