<VV> Corvair Atributes (No Corvair)

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 23:11:51 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/20/2005 8:05:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vairologist at juno.com writes:

> >A friend of mine has a Porsche 924S. It has 4 wheel disc brakes AND
> >a drum  parking brake. The rear rotor had a small drum and "baby" shoes
> just
> >for the emergency/parking brake. Hand it to German engineers to design
> the
> >best and simple all at the same time.
> >Ned
> Smitty Says:  Ahh but Ned you haven't been looking around.  That has been
> a common practice on some Chevy trucks for years.

In the rear brakes?  my 2006 Z71 310hp Vortec 5.3l with HD  suspension still
has just drums in the rear!

Sure you don't mean the Drum on the back of the trans?

PS  86 up Supras are that way also...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug