<VV> Corvair NHTSA report

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 23:30:06 EDT 2005

I just finished reading the NHTSA report on the stability of the 60-63
Corvair. As we all know this report vindicated the Corvair. In fact it showed  that
the Corvair is safer than the Bug.

The report also include a couple of letters from Ralph Nader and an
interview of an engineer (I'm embarrassed that it was an Aeronautical Engineer.  Why
did Ralph get an airplane engineer to comment on the stability of a  car? His
credentials did NOT include any real world work for a company, but I  digress).

The letters impressed me the Ralph was out to get GM and its executives. He
really came off as a total jerk, to put it mildly. The responses of the
engineer  in the interview, with Ralph asking the questions, was loaded with
assumptions  and speculation. The engineer did not conduct any tests but just
reviewed a  couple of reports. The conclusion of the NHTSA report states that the
reports  used by this engineer did not have valid tests to properly evaluate
Corvair  stability.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that this report should be on the MUST READ list
for all fans of the Corvair.

Oh BTW the tests also included a 67 Corvair. So now I have extensive data
that proves that

LATES ARE BETTER THAN EARLIES

Ned