<VV> RE: Mechanical Oil Gauge

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Oct 22 00:34:44 EDT 2005

Can't think of any pros, unless they are more accurate.  However, I can
think of a great con.  Oil soaked interior.  Back in the early 70's, I put a
trio in my 71 Nova.  It included a mechanical, oil pressure gauge, that
worked beautifully, until the ferrule chewed through the 1/8" plastic tubing
that came with it.  Oil spraying out at 30 psi, makes a nice mess of carpet.

Jim wrote:
What are the pros and cons of using a mechanical oil pressure gauge with
the necessary 15 foot oil pressure line??  Electric gauge isn't much
more expensive, but I already have a mechanical gauge...  comments??

Jim Houston
'65 Monza Coupe