<VV> Oil Pressure Gauge

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Oct 22 01:23:43 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/21/2005 5:40:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
JVHRoberts at aol.com writes:

Mostly  cons. My experience with mechanical gages and such long lines is
sluggish response. Bleeding the air out of the line helps, but it's still
slow  to
respond compared to an electric gage.
The only plus is,  mechanical gages  come in 270 degree sweeps, whereas
electric gages  are typically 90 degree. Not  that it matters much in the
end...

For reference, Autometer now has a full selection of electric gauges in a
full sweep (270 degree) style. They are available in both the 2 1/16" and 2 5/8"
 sizes. They are not cheap, however. I do find that my old eyes find the 2
5/8"  gauges easier to read. - Seth