<VV> Oil Pressure Gauge

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Sat Oct 22 12:00:30 EDT 2005

I run mechanical gauges on my 66 V8 Vair with the long leads of tubing. I
use a combination of copper and nylon with strain relief coiling of the
copper. I have had no issues to date. I did this because of the afore
mention degrees of sweep for better accuracy and reading. Back in the old
days I installed a set of mechanical gauges in my mom's 60 model Falcon. I
learned about the leakiness when I felt something hot on my pant leg. The
old Falcon had the rubber carpets so it was easy to clean up.
In the 69 Vert I recently sold I had installed a set of mechanical gauges
for that nostalgia look. The oil gauge sprung a very slow leak. I kept a
paper towel wrapped around it until I could get time to fix it. I hope
you're listening Ken! It went home with you.

Rick Norris