<VV> differential question

John McMahon jmac2112 at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 22 14:22:39 EDT 2005

I've got my differential out for repairs ('65 manual), and I'm wondering
about something.  How much resistance should there be when turning the yokes
in opposite directions?  I can't do it by hand, but I can put one yoke in a
vise and turn the other one using a breaker bar.  This still takes quite a
bit of effort, maybe 20 ft. lbs.  Enquiring minds need to know before
putting the differential back together!  I have never driven this car, so I
don't know what it was like on the road.

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe w/4speed