<VV> positraction differential question

John McMahon jmac2112 at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 22 15:04:13 EDT 2005

Thanks to Bob Helt and Chuck S. for the quick answers!  It seems that I
indeed have a positraction differential.  I just measured the torque needed
to turn one yoke with the other clamped in a vise, and it takes 25 ft. lbs.
The manual says it should take a minimum of 50.  It does not say what the
consequences will be if the figure is less than this, but I assume that the
differential will not do "the positraction thing" very well.  If I don't fix
this, will I merely have a differential that is no better than a regular
one?

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza w/4 speed