<VV> Vendor Bashing?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Oct 22 23:42:24 EDT 2005

My cut on "Vendor Bashing" may be a little different than how it has been
mentioned. (Disclaimer - I am a Corvair Parts vendor via Silicone Wire  Systems)
 I think vendor bashing might refer more to one vendor railing on  another
vendor. The phrase:

"No vendor bashing.  If you have a great product, say why yours is  great.
Personal attacks are expressly forbidden."

Seems more like the restriction of bashing "FROM" vendors, rather than  "OF"
vendors, except adding the verbal bashing of the actual operating  person.
That actual wording was phrased that way because of certain prior  occurances.
The whole point was to urge vendors to say how "good" their parts  are - Not how
much "better" they are than someone elses. That kind of comparison
invariably leads to denegrating the products provided by another. I personally  believe
that this is an extension of the trait of some people to feel that  the only
way they can feel big is to make other people feel small.  It  is trait common
to bullies around the world. I can understand that  some feel frustrated -
and if there was a way for them to voice it  appropriately, I'm all for it!
Unless it drags down the level of discussion on  Virtual Vairs and clogs up the
E-mail  of hundreds. Then it has to stop.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette