<VV> Re: [SCG] Very early 1964 Spyder

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Mon Oct 24 13:01:52 EDT 2005

Rich, and other,

Sorry for the confusion.  I was speaking solely of the lid over the Trunk
(front of car) - not over the engine compartment.

To the best of my knowledge, Early 1964s (up to ?? date) used CORVAIR
letters with flat "studs" that were retained just like the letters on the
engine lid.  At some later date the trunk letters were switched to the round
stud type retained by nuts.

I have examples of each style.
The Glenn Corvair (September 1963) uses the flat stud letters
My two Sedans (April 1964) uses the round stud letters.

I agree with you about the rear vent holes on the early/late 1964 Engine
"deck lids" - mine are the same way.

Incidentally, there is an additional difference in  Engine "deck lids" for
1964
Early 1964 - rear weatherstrip only on the rear edge
Late 1964 - rear weatherstrip curves up around the rear corners.

It is raining outside or I would take pics to show you.

Bill Hubbell