<VV> changing motor mount

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Oct 26 13:38:18 EDT 2005

If you're talking about the rear mount, it's fairly straightforward:

  - Remove rear lower grill.
  - Remove shroud - the one that attaches to the skid plate.
  - Jack under rear skid plate to support engine, just enough to relax
tension on mount.
  - Remove two nuts and "figure 8" washer.
  - Lower engine slightly - 1/4" or so.
  - Remove four bolts that attach mount to body.

I think that's it, it's been a while since I've worked on a car with
all the shrouds in place.  Installation is reverse of removal, with the
additional step of torquing the fasteners.  I don't know the torque
values offhand, perhaps someone else can supply them.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa