<VV> changing motor mount
bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Oct 26 13:38:18 EDT 2005
If you're talking about the rear mount, it's fairly straightforward:
- Remove rear lower grill.
- Remove shroud - the one that attaches to the skid plate.
- Jack under rear skid plate to support engine, just enough to relax
tension on mount.
- Remove two nuts and "figure 8" washer.
- Lower engine slightly - 1/4" or so.
- Remove four bolts that attach mount to body.
I think that's it, it's been a while since I've worked on a car with
all the shrouds in place. Installation is reverse of removal, with the
additional step of torquing the fasteners. I don't know the torque
values offhand, perhaps someone else can supply them.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
'69 Road Runner, '97 Ford F-150, '99 Neon R/T
"Why do something if you're not going to obsess about it?"
On Oct 26, 2005, at 1:20 PM, LABRANCHE, RICHARD C wrote:
> Would one of you fine people outline the steps to change a motor mount
> on a '66. I am not able to put my hands on my manuals, so I need the
> help of the experienced. I believe I know how to do it but I would
> like some confirmation.
More information about the VirtualVairs