<VV> lifters... How does one remove them?

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Oct 29 19:58:47 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/29/05 11:57:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

> replace the lifters. The
> only problem is that I can't get the old lifters out. They come right
> to the edge and then hang up. I've tried magnets and tried hooking
> the edge of a small flat blade screwdriver but no luck.
> Is there a trick to removing these?
> -Cash
>
> Cash,
Several ways. but why are you replacing them? Shouldn't be necessary. If the
feet are worn, then so is the cam!!!

Nothern Tool Supply sells a neat tool for grabbing on the lifter and hanging
on so you can pull it out. About $23. Another way is to get some "piano wire"
from a music shop. It is hard stuff. Bend the end over 90 deg and hook that
end into the top of the lifter and pull the lifter out.
Regards,
Bob Helt