<VV> "Points" to ponder - HEI

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Sat Oct 29 23:31:57 EDT 2005

At 02:53 hours 10/28/2005, JVHRoberts at aol.com wrote:

>I did everything on my turbo car to the point type ignition, hotter coil,
>lower resistance ballast, different capacitor, alkyd cap and rotor,
>and it still
>  misfired sometimes at full boost, and as soon as the center electrode
>rounded  over even a little bit, the misfire at full boost ALWAYS happened.
>Until I did my HEI upgrade. End of problem. Totally.

Well gentlemen:    I simply never had a problem to bother with.

I have been either very lucky or very blessed or very something or I
had the right combination of parts.   I never upgraded the ignition
on that Spyder because I never needed to, and I never had any
problems with the points ignition doing fine up through 6000 rpm, and
yes I checked the factory tach against a "lab" engine analyzer tach.

I just never had any trouble out of the factory style
ignition.    Others' mileage may vary.    Evidently the Three Fates
have smiled upon the likes of me along the way.

However...   In the words of RWR, "If it works, don't fix
it."    Works for me.  ;)

tony..