<VV> Low Fuel Warning Light

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Oct 31 09:02:57 EST 2005

Was a "low fuel warning light" ever an option ? Reason I ask is because I
came across a Monza instrument cluster that has a third warning light on
the fuel gauge assembly located between the temp/press and the gen/fan
warning lights.

The wire for the light terminates above the brown/wt gen/fan wire on the
corner of the cluster connector where my 66 books show no connection. My
suspicion that it is a "low fuel" warning is because the cluster is marked
"tan" in that position and the wire is tan/wt which is generally used for
gas gauges.

OTOH I see in grp 9.746 ("medallion") and 9.748 (lens") of the parts
book  for 67-69 that also has "brake" listed so might be a parking brake
indicator. Anyone know if that is what it is ? Might be useful.

Padgett