<VV> $3 gas/minimal Corvair content

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Thu Sep 1 07:54:49 EDT 2005

At 01:49 PM 8/31/2005, Mike Ioanes wrote:
>Shortly after midnight this a.m. I filled up with gas on the way home from
>work-$2.59/gal.  Saw $3.09, $2.99 and the lowest $2.79 at 1 p.m....this is
>in Dayton, OH for regular.  Premium, which my 64 Monza needs, .20 more per
>gallon.  guess I ned a raise or a job closer to home.
>It amazes me that they can go up so much so fast.
>Mike Ioanes

Mike:

You think they went up fast in Dayton?  Up here in the Lima (Lost In Middle
America) area I checked gasbuddy.com on Tuesday night and the cheapest gas
in the area was $2.45 at Flying J.  I was there at noon yesterday and the
price was $2.69 and the whole area was in gridlock with all the cars and
trucks waiting for "cheap" gas.  As I was pumping gas I watched them put
new numbers up on the big sign.  I think I had the last tankful, on my
line, at that price.

The next poor guy had to pay $3.09.  So in less than 24 hours the price
went up $0.64.

Now the conundrum is - do I fill up in town here for whatever the local
price is, or take a 24 mile r/t for the cheaper stuff?

Ken