<VV> $3 gas/minimal Corvair content

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Sep 1 08:47:53 EDT 2005

Jim
Same here.
No AC, but I can't justify the cost of the gas in the truck just for
commuting right now.
Gas in Lincolnton went from 2.68 to3.00 in 8 hours.

Duke Power has sent out crews to hook generators to the pipeline pumps that
run from South of Atlanta to Charlotte, to keep the gas and diesel flowing.
Everyone who bought gas yesterday was an idiot. Atlanta stations were
gouging 6.00 a gallon until their supply ran out. .
Off duty cops now in cars at gas stations, (to regulate traffic), all cash
customers pay up front.

I have to laugh at the kids, they don't remember the gas lines in  73 or 79,
they weren't even born yet.  Some of them don't realize this kind of crap
has happened before.

Folks, we're gettin' gouged. Use as little as you can.

Hank

.  It's
> gouging, but the gov't isn't going to do anything about it (can you say
> "taxes"?)..  Otherwise, how do they justify raising the prices on
> something that has been in the tank for a week or two??  I have started
> driving my '65 Monza (without AC) to work instead of my 2005 F150..  25mpg
> beats 15mpg ...
> Jim Houston
> Brandon, FL
>
> Ken Wildman wrote:
>
>> At 01:49 PM 8/31/2005, Mike Ioanes wrote:
>>
>>> Shortly after midnight this a.m. I filled up with gas on the way home
>>> from work-$2.59/gal.  Saw $3.09, $2.99 and the lowest $2.79 at 1
>>> p.m....this is in Dayton, OH for regular.  Premium, which my 64 Monza
>>> needs, .20 more per gallon.  guess I ned a raise or a job closer to