<VV> Red Cross (was Katrina)

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Sep 1 10:02:55 EDT 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:18:24 EDT, Wrsssatty at aol.com wrote:

>I'm sure this belongs on "Talk" by now but I can't sit idly by while the Red
>Cross is vilified.  In my opinion they're a great organization doing great
>work and deserve our donations.  To the best of my knowledge their services are
>given equally and fairly without any agenda, political or otherwise.

>Bill Stanley

I respectfully disagree with you... politics play a big role in their overall activities. And my values run
counter to many of those politics.

BUT, even having said that, I am a big Red Cross supporter and I concur that folks should not be
dissuaded from donating to them. Of course they have a significant overhead (as does any large
organization), but they are more able to get help and assistance where it's needed quicker than anyone
else.

So while they are not perfect by any means, IMO they are one of the best organizations out there... and
they are generally the folks I donate to in situations like these.

Bill Elliott