<VV>Membership dues

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corp. vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Sep 1 10:36:49 EDT 2005

At 09:30 AM 9/1/2005, Padgett wrote:

>Other national club I belong to - Pontiac Oakland Club Int'l - has a  68
>page all-colour monthly magazine for $31/year (recently increased from
>$25). Newsletter is major cost. Perhaps Corsa should investigate a
>lower-cost option of an electronic newsletter (.pdf preferred) e-mailed to
>members or talk to the "Smoke Signals" publisher - is this open for bids ?

Apples and Oranges.  POCI has more than 10,000 members, CORSA has half
that.  Not bad, actually, considering that Corvairs were produced for ten
years and discontinued 36 years ago, while Oaklands were introduced in 1907
and Pontiacs are still being built.

Membership recruitment and retention is key to CORSA's ability to balance
and budget and control costs.

Still, no harm in our communicating with the POCI publisher to see what the
costs are.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net