<VV> Oil in combustion chambers

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 1 13:39:20 EDT 2005

I think the question was on a 6,000 mile engine.  I don't know what rings
were used or how rough of a cross hatch pattern was put in the cylinders,
but it is possible that the rings have not yet fully seated.  It is also
possible (but not all that likely) that the ring gaps have lined themselves
up and decided to settle in on the low side of the engine so that residual
oil on the cylinder wall can seep past when the engine is not running.

If synthetic oil is in use at this time, it might be a good idea to go back
to regular dino juice for the next couple of oil changes.  This, to give a
better chance for rings and cylinders to settle in to one another.

Later, JR