<VV>Membership dues

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 14:05:58 EDT 2005

OK..here's my take on newsletters and dues....just in case someone
cares ;)

I HATE electronic newsletters. I like to have something I can read NOT
sitting in front of the computer.  I read in the john, I read while I'm
eating breakfast (no, I'm not anti social..I get up for work at 4 AM,
no one else is up yet to talk to). I like to save stuff.  I like paper.

The local ham radio club gives members a choice....get an electronic
newsletter e-mailed, or download it monthly from the website, OR pay $5
more dues than those who do get it electronically.  This might be an
idea, unless of course so few subscribe to paper that it becomes to
expensive.   Isn't the Communique an award winning newsletter?  I like
it. I think it's swell. And I'll pay to keep getting it.

On the other hand, the national Edsel club sends out a basically
worthless newsletter.  Nice glossy paper. Photo on the front, etc.
With basically the EXACT SAME THING in EACH issue.  A page of officers
names. A page of events. A list of chapters. A registration for one or
two events. And the classified ads...of which 90% are the SAME every
month..people selling the same repros and knick knacks.  Maybe 2-3 car
ads, etc. It takes about 5 minutes to see it's all the same and the ads
mean nothing to me.  Of course, there aren't exactly 5000 members
either! I can't remember the last time there was an ARTICLE or
something to actually READ in it.

So....I for one WANT a printed newsletter, and it's worth a few bucks
to get it.

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===