<VV> 1969 Positive cable fusable link question

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 18:46:02 EDT 2005

Hey All,
Don't forget, using a fuse here is also a good way to slow down the stealie
boys. When parking the car, simply pocket the fuse and the car is as dead as
a doornail.  If you have a radio with presets that you'd like to preserve,
put another fuse in parallel with this one.  Its fuse should be something
really low, 1-2 amps.  The load of the starter solenoid and interior lights
should blow this weakling, but keep the radio, quartz clock etc. alive.
Jim B.
'66 turbovert

> I'm trying to figure out if I can install a fuse and run a hard wire from
> the
> positive clamp

Hi Lonzo,
Sure do it. But remember that all current into and out of the battery
(except
for the starter) goes thru this wire. So I'd suggest a wire capable of
handling the output of the gen/alt you have. Let's say a 60 amp load.
Therefore a
thick wire would be best. The thicker the better (8 or 10 GA) In my opinion.
Regards,
Bob Helt