<VV> Katrina (no corvair)

John Beck jb30343 at navix.net
Thu Sep 1 19:54:04 EDT 2005

Thank you Thomas.  I doubt that the people who are suffering on the Gulf
Coast care who gives them aid.  They just need help.  Foreign
governments have made offers and they are appreciated.  On tuesday
Argentina offered deeply discounted gasoline.  Granted they put some
logistically challenging restrictions on their offer.  On wednesday
Canada offered assistance.  Some criticize them because they took to
long.  They were, of course, first to help on September 11, 2001.  I'm
sure many other nations have made offers.  I'm sure many non Americans
have made monetary donations to relief organizations.  I'm happy to
report that it took me more than ten tries to donate to the Salvation
Army through their website.  It's one of those rare times that standing
on a huge virtual line is a good thing.  For anyone living close to the
affected area, there is http://www.shareyourhome.org  Nancy and I
registered today, though I doubt very many people are interested in
temporary housing in Nebraska.  --J.B.