<VV> Re: E-mail vs.hard copy

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 2 01:51:36 EDT 2005

As I see it, even the local club newsletter would not arrive to some
(possibly even founding) members if it were in E form only.  This means the
paper form would still be needed for at least some folks (for varying
reasons).  So, does it make sense to ask essentially volunteers (newsletter
editors) to publish in two formats?  And, how many would want BOTH formats -
even though they could print the E version.

Sure, I'd like to get it sooner via email, but I recognize that there were
many members before me (and most are still around offering help when needed)
who would only receive a newsletter if it were in paper format.  With CCE
(don't know about others), it is timed to arrive a few days before the next
meeting.  So, not only is it an update on what is going on, but it is also a
reminder that the meeting is next week.  I suppose the reminder aspect would
work for those who read email daily, but not for all.

Later, JR