<VV> reserve oil

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Sep 2 05:38:26 EDT 2005

Folks
I guess it's time to thank, once again, the Environmentalists....

The people who wouldn't let anyone build a refinery here in the last 30
years. Too many regulations, and too much NIMBY whining from the
Environmental lobbies.

The people who saved the habitat for the Caribou in Anwar--Caribou don't
have to commute to get to work.  Would the world end if a speices like
Caribou disappeared from Alaska for all time?? There's plenty of them in
Scandanavia. If we could have started drilling in AK during the Carter
Administration when the issue was first raised, then perhaps the government
wouldn't have to "look like it's doing something now". Environmentalists
kept them from "doing something" 25 years ago.

The people who said Smog would cause Global Cooling in the 70's have cleaned
the air so well that now they say the lack of it causes Global Warming.

The people who, if they had their way, would have eliminated the SUV---the
only vehicle other than military trucks, that could make it thru New
Orleans.

The People who encourage us not to own a car at all---So when the call to
evacuate a city comes, we won't have any way to get out---like all the
bodies floating in New Orleans who used to be people did.

The people that forced their state governments to create dozens of additive
blends for gasoline to create "clean air".  Does an Area like New England,
that you can drive thru in less than a day actually need 14 different blends
of gasoline?? NOT.

The same people who have the gall to say "at least it makes the government
look like they are doing something".  Perhaps if the Government didn't have
to create an entire Government Agency, replete with layers of bureaucrats
and regulations, to allay the fears of whatever crisis the Envrironmental
fringe says is the next end of the world...Smog, Styrofoam ruining the ozone
layer, R-12 ruining the ozone layer, Caribou, Woodpeckers, Oil Refineries,
Oil drilling, then perhaps they actually could be doing something.

But don't expect any of the hollywood elite who drive SUV's and wander
around in limos to take the side of the government, nor the
environmentalists whom the EPA and other government agencies spend so much
money to please, to take any credit for the gasoline problems.  They're too
busy blaming the president for Natural Disasters, previously known as Acts
of God.

Rich your post. should have been on the talk list, where opinions like the
one you espoused are more readily accepted.

Hank