<VV> Dues Increase

boB bobquincy at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 2 08:18:10 EDT 2005

A dues increase?  No, thank you.

I will not 'scream' or 'whine' about the dues increase, I simply will not pay it.  The cost of Corsa dues has nothing to do with the relative cost of a tank of fuel, cheeseburgers, or anything else.   It has to do with the value provided by Corsa relative to the price of the dues, for me the value is not there.  To be honest I probably would not renew at the current rate but the dues increase makes it a certainty.

The Corsa Convention issue of the Communique was of little interest to me.  I did not attend the convention and found little worth reading in this issue, especially the reports of tours and other non-Corvair events.  I don't usually keep my Communiques anyway unless there is an article of special interest to me, I mostly donate them to the local chapter.

Corsa should be able to save a lot of money by issuing electronic versions of the Communique in place of the paper versions.  Corsa has chosen not to do this, apparently satisfied with the current situation.

I am not satisfied with the current situation and will not renew my membership.

boB