<VV> reserve oil - didnt lisen? - no corvair, in case you couldnt guess

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 2 09:25:27 EDT 2005

Very, very little evidence that "global warming" is appreciably due to any made-made action. There likely
is a component, but it's very very small by most responsible calculations.  In additional, aero evidence
linking warming to hurricane strength. Actual data shows hurricanes significantly stronger 60 years ago.

Wind and solar are not now (and certainly not in the past) a viable alternative power source.

Nuclear power would have been a very real alternative that would have done everything that you
suggest, but environmentalists show their true colors (red) by most aggressively fighting the very
technology that would have solved 99% of their "problems".

The other real problem DOES have to do with the Corvair. Thanks to Nader's success in attacking the
US automobile industry, the extraconstitutional 1968 Federal Transportation rules outlawed lightweight
cars overnight.  So all of the small economical cars that the rest of the world enjoy have been illegal here
since 1968. Even our best "economy" cars carry around nearly 1000lbs of "safety weight", making them
neither cheap  nor economical nor fun to drive. And who was behind outlawing small light cars? The
same folks now complaining about how uneconomical cars are.

I think we listened way too much...

Bill