<VV> reserve oil

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Sep 2 11:48:16 EDT 2005

Ron
If you spent time on VV Talk, you would find out that many of them are.

I have had a change in personal outlook since leaving the talk list. I guess the same reason I don't read certain blogs---just too depressing.

I think the government NOT stepping in and forcing gasoline price controls in the short run will hurt us all, in the long run the market will take over and prices will recede.

As I told Bryan off list this AM. Steve Forbes wrote an article this week that predicts gas under 2.00 by the end of the year, and possibly under 1.50 by the spring.

As we discussed, OPEC and others don't want the price of natural oil gasoline to be more than alternative fuels. If it is, they just priced themselves out of business. If gas in the US was to peak and stay at say, 6.00 a gallon, alternative fuels that could run only 4.00 /gallon (for example --then appear to be very attractive, and Opec can sit on the oil....

HANK