<VV> Vapor lock revisited

GFrenzie at aol.com GFrenzie at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 12:39:38 EDT 2005

Awhile back, I asked the "Corvair Guru's" on here what is causing my '61
Rampside not to start right back up after I have driven it only a couple of
miles or so. It will start after it has sat for about 20 to 30 minutes, leading
me to believe "something" has to cool down.

It was suggested that, I replace the fuel pump (which I did with a brand  new
one), make sure the fuel lines are not touching the top engine shroud (moved
the fuel lines up and away from the shrouding at least one inch or more),
Have completed a recent oil and filter change, checked the oil cooler for any
debris (none).

If any of you guru's out there can offer some explanation to why this is
happening and to correct it, I would apprciate it.

Thanks,
George (ACORN's chapter #148 ...Rochester, New York