<VV>Steering vs Aiming

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Sep 2 17:43:44 EDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Padgett wrote:

> Well with 30 psi front and 35 psi rear these soft 185x80x13 radials,
> it feels a lot more stable. Now I need to work on the incredible
> amount of steering wheel flailing required to go around a corner, my
> Fiero was almost exactly the same weight, was 3 turns lock to lock,
> and not to much effort, Monza is more like six. Do "fast ratio"
> steering arms still exist ?
>
> BTW, went to gas station to find out if there was any gas left (need
> to fix gauge, stuck on empty so suspect a short) and took only 5 gal
> to first click (understand that is where to stop) $3.19/gal for 93 so
> good it only needed 5 gallons.

This is just toooooo much air in front! Agreed, this will make the
steering real light, but it's too much pressure! The car will be
twitchy at speed.

As has been said here, many, many times before, you need a differential
of 8-10 pounds between the front and rear. If the rear was 35, which is
plenty high, the front should be not more than 25-27, which is plenty
high. Something more like 22-24 and 32 is probably better.

Please trust us on this. Set your pressure correctly. Be sure your
suspension parts are good, all the bushings etc., then get a good
alignment.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina