<VV> mo' wheelz / 66 Steering wheel adapters

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Sep 4 17:12:21 EDT 2005

>ONLY  early '66  CORVAIRS!  ONLY!      Why there's no adapters....

Well if the shaft is about .100" smaller then the adapter I have suspect I
can make a cylindrical shim out of some .050" copper - soft enough for each
side to cut their own grooves but strong enough in compression that it is
not going to move.

Then at the Turkey Rod Run in November will look for an NOS adapter or a
junk wheel to drill and tap.

Have now heard that 64-66 had the same spline and that only early 66 has
this one (thought 01B on the top of the data plate meant 2nd week Jan 66,
this is early ? What is the one true answer ? My 93 parts book shows the
same steering shaft  for 65-66 (2nd design) and the same black deluxe
steering wheel for 65-66.

Yout wants to know.

Padgett