<VV> Re: HEAD STUDS

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 21:00:50 EDT 2005

if trying to remove the nut from the stud, blaster it , then one good punch
mark on one side of the nut befor getting a socket on it, if rusted out of size
pound a socket on it then take it slow, maybe even try tightening it just a
smidgen , before attempting to wind it off. i use a tool from wirth tools to
get the stud out of the bock, nowdays harbor freght carriys them. looks like a
plug socket , but has cams(rollers ) in it to grab the stud in one direction to
wind it out. they work great!  they might leave three slight marks on the
thgreads , but if needed a die will clean them up nicely. i have been doing this
successfully for many years. carb and exhaust studs come out nice with them
also. i can post pictures of the tools to website if enough interest,and thomas
is up to it. i know i am overly proud of my massive tool collection , but
without them i am very handicapped. long live my torches!
regards, tim colson