<VV> reserve oil

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Sep 5 09:38:20 EDT 2005

Timbo

Good information.
The real question is..What is our refining capacity  as a  a percentage of
total refined products in the country?? And what is the percentage of rigs
in the Gulf's production to the total usage in the country??

Since we haven't built a refinery in 35 years or so, I would think that our
domestic refining capacity ain't diddley. I have read in the last week there
are now plans to build quite a few more. Perhaps the NIMBY crowd are no
longer interested in 3.29/gal gasoline.  Those plants can take 3 years to
build. that's the REAL bad news.

The pipeline that runs to Greensboro is back up to almost 90 %. Or so the
Charlotte Disturber says. Similar notice in the Atlanta Urinal-Constipation,
so the Disturber reports.

 The reason it wasn't running was electrical failure to the pumps alone the
pipeline.  Duke Power sent out trucks with generators to get the pumps back
up. Other companies along the pipeline did the same.

Still, since Domestic output is purportedly less than 40% of total usage,
there will be shortages, and there will be higher prices. Our sometimes pals
the Saudis are overproducing and overshipping daily. once these plants get
the power back on they're gonna have to run at full capacity for a long time
to make up the difference.

What we have to do is what we are SO bad at doing. CONSERVE.

Even though there are 6 of us in Customer Service at Steele Rubber, we are
discussing changing our shift set up so that 4 of us can meet in Lincolnton
and all drive in one vehicle.
That would cut my 44 mile daily commute down to less than 20, 4 out of 5
days a week.
Only 1/2 of that reasoning is conservation. the other half is supply. There
is also the possibility that the company may program our home computers to
allow us to work from home.

My wife is working with her employer to allow her to work from home 3 days a
week. Changing her 500 mile weekly total commute to 200.

In 1988 there was an explosion that shut down the Norco plant that makes
Ethylene Glycol for Anti Freeze.  I was told that it was the only plant in
the USA that made it in any quantity. I bought 4 gallons the day the story
broke.  For about 6 months the price was nearly double, then went back to
slightly higher than normal.

HANK