<VV> Poor Gas Mileage

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 19:28:29 EDT 2005

"...Recently there was a post about poor gas mileage in a LM. While going
through the service notes there was one that mentioned that if the Power
Enrichement needle is misaligned, there is constant fPE low and there will
be a 4-5 MPG loss. It also said the most common cause of misalignment was
to turn the carb upside down to drain which would unseat the needle valve..."

Misaligned? I thought it was either there (and if so, it only goes in one
way- point down)  or missing all together. Was the note a GM service bulletin?
I'd like to get my hands on it for a closer look.

Mike Mauro
Owner of the gas guzzling 67