<VV> Clutch Adjustment - 1964 4 Speed

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Wed Sep 7 11:48:47 EDT 2005

Clutch cables can and do stretch, especially as they experience "partial
breaks" - the breakage of SOME but not all of their strands. If you can
inspect your whole cable, of course, you can observe this; otherwise this
condition may be concealed.
     As much as you've replaced already, replacing the clutch cable should
be trivial.
     Your condition CAN be brought about by use of components (pressure
plate, flywheel, fulcrum ball, throwout bearing, throwout arm, etc.) from
different years. Their geometry IS subject to variation. I'd say that's what
you start checking after cable replacement doesn't do any good.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C