<VV> 1966 140 Valve Adjust and Reseal

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Fri Sep 9 06:34:54 EDT 2005

Here's why: if you study the specified pattern for torquing a (Corvair)
head, you'll discern that the principle seems to be "squash down the center
first, then do the ends." I infer that the idea is to avoid creating a bow
in the head, which then cannot be brought back flat again with normal
torques. I made up the advice myself, and it's based on reasoning, NOT on
experience of thousands and thousands of reseal jobs.

Joe (creative) Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C