<VV> '65 Corvair question.

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Sun Sep 11 18:34:32 EDT 2005

WITHOUT removing heads, inspect the length of the upper row of studs that
hold the head on. If you find any that are notably short, the stud may have
been screwed into the crankcase far enough to protrude enough to interfere
with the crank. You might also be able to detect/confirm this after removing
the top cover and turning the crank, observing the holes the studs are
screwed into.
     WHAT to do if you find this, I'm not sure, if the head is not to be
removed. After removal of the head, it's (sometimes too) easy to unscrew a
stud. One step at a time.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C