<VV> Head Torque

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Sep 12 12:59:20 EDT 2005

Gentlemen

So nice to see folks giving even handed opinions.

John is right in that GM does use power tools on the assembly line on the head mounting job. At least in 74-75 when I was bolting 350 heads and also in plant 4 on the Vega line they used them as well. No reason not to believe that they didn't in the 60's as well.

Smitty Sez:

  I by the way, torque heads
> in at least 6 steps of increasing torque which makes the sequence of less
> importance

BTW Smitty, Eric Jolly torques his heads in the same manner you do. Apparently great minds think alike <G>

All kiddin' aside Smitty, I am very interested in what you discover about your PG trans fluid changing color on your trip. I think I remember reading you changed it once on the trip. Once you make your findings, I'm sure all of us would like to know.

Regards
HANK