<VV> Head Torque

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 14:08:21 EDT 2005

Hank replies:
<snip>Craig
Your assessment is certainly possible.
However, I had no idea that Corvair engines were made anywhere but Tonawanda.
Don't all blocks start with a T??
Remember, they weren't casted at Tonawanda, that was done at the Reynolds
Aluminum plant in Messina, NY.
Are there blocks without a T in the casting number?
If so, I never saw one.
Were blocks sent from Messina to LA?<unsnip>

Ah So!  Good point, Batman.
The engine ID stamping clearly indicated TO (Tonawanda) on every Corvair
engine that I have ever seen and those marks are only stamped on assembled engines
regardless of where they were cast. Perhaps the tool I have was used for
rework only?
Craig