<VV> Wheels and Tires Question

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Tue Sep 13 22:44:42 EDT 2005

I concur with the advice you've been given. Corvairs do not like large amounts of unsprung weight... I made the mistake of going to 225/50-15 all around.
Though ultimate grip was impressive, I hated the way it drove. No more than 205 in front... and 225 in back looks "right".... try to stay around a 24" overall
diameter and go with at least 15" rims for tire availability. Get at least an H-rated tire...V or higher is even better.

Bill Elliott