<VV> Fiberglass car body available

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Wed Sep 14 08:41:24 EDT 2005

Guys,
I was offered a fiberglass 'Corvair' body a while back.  Upon checking it out, I found out it wasn't for a Corvair.  It was apparently produced in small numbers locally (SE Wisconsin); named Griffin (Gryphon, Griffon?).  Anyway, it was offered to me for free; I just had to get it out of the warehouse it was in.

Needless to say, I picked it up.  However, I have no use for it.  If anybody is interested - it needs to go somewhere soon.  If you are serious, and can't get here very soon, I can move it to paid storage.  If nobody wants it; I'll have to discard it.  Below is the relevant info:

I picked up the body & molds.  Here is a webpage with photos: http://home.att.net/~vairgeek   These photos show the body as picked up; there is a lot of dirt on the back section.  There is also a hump in the back; perhaps to clear a central air cleaner?
Included are molds only for a roof with gull wing style half doors.  I have been told the roof utilizes an Early Vair windshield.  The side & back glass are flat - perhaps Plexiglas is used for those.
Here are some measurements - all +/- ½" or so:
Body is 65" wide - front to back.  It is 147" long, 25" tall at the rear wheels, 23" tall at the front wheels, with a full width 5" tall spoiler at the back.  There is a valley between the front wheels; I don't have measurements for that.  I also failed to get the dimension of the cockpit F/B on the body.  The cockpit is 48" wide & 38" front to back; with the seatback area sloping forward toward the bottom.
The rear wheel cutout is 33" forward from the back of the body; the wheelbase is 87".
The body appears to be as molded, although it has blemishes from long time storage; with some chipping of the topcoat.  The body is as molded; certainly some height could be trimmed out of it, if desired.
There are molded in half cylinder reinforcements - visible in one of the photos.
I picked it up so it wouldn't be discarded.  I have no money into it at this point.  It's currently stored in a friends yard, but if it has to stay here too long I might have to rent storage space (some $).
It is located in Racine, Wisconsin - zip 53404.
Thanks,
Andy K.
262-930-4236 - cell