<VV> No hot idle

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu Sep 15 13:58:16 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Padgett" <pp2 at 6007.us>

> Well I thought the problem was fixed but not. y.
>
> Is '66 110/PG with RH block and 366 heads (correct for 66). PO said
problem
> began when carbs were changed but persisted with second set. New ignition
> (319 distributor, W8AC plugs), carbs rebuilt (024), gaskets, fuel pump
> since problem started. 6v on coil positive with points closed so correct
> ballast wire in place..
> Padgett

**********
In North America, the preference is usually Hollow Points, but on the dark
continent, Solids are popular ... anyway, draw an imaginary line between the
carburetors, and try to put a couple rounds right in the middle, and on that
line .... just to be sure, plunk a couple in each carburetor, one in the
fuel pump, and one down the distributor shaft .... that should end any
further threats from that beast ...

OR ... hmmm ... I have been unable to get a really great tune since putting
the W8AC plugs in my streeter vair, stock ignition & pump .... maybe we
share something ??   Cold range plugs might start ok, due to the full
voltage at the coil, but in running, might be a tad cold ..... are you
running a hot coil or hot sparkbox ??   I am going to switch to a hotter
coil and put in a IgnitorII as soon as I get an hour or so (g) .... if it
cures everything, will report back.  I could just change back to 44f plugs
but geepers that would cost $4.....