<VV> no corvair content pop mech article oct 05

Dave Keillor dkeillor at ultrex.com
Fri Sep 16 12:05:56 EDT 2005

The Chinese are definitely coming, although I question the wisdom of Chery's
choice of importers, although Bricklin did okay with Subaru -- not so okay
with Yugo.

"Malcom Bricklin, founder of Visionary Vehicles, LLC, now has to face GM's
lawyers as they vow to fight his plans to use Chery as a trademark because
it is too close to Chevy.  Visionary Vehicles was setup to create a
dealership network for the Chinese car company Chery.  Bricklin pretty much
has said he hasn't decided to use that name in the US yet when he plans to
sell the cars here in 2007.  This is the continuing saga of GM versus Chery,
which started when Chery copied GM's Spark minicar."

Dave Keillor