<VV> no corvair content pop mech article oct 05

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Sep 16 18:53:07 EDT 2005

At 11:03 hours 09/16/2005, you wrote:

> > At least two of the Big Three already have factories in China.
>
>No, they ALL do (GM/Buick in Shanghai, Ford in Chongching,

Those were the ones I meant.

>Chrysler (Jeep)
>in Beijing)

I still tend to regard Jeep as not actually a part of Chrysler... and
DC does as well, judging from the contingency plans I've heard,
should Chrysler be "reshuffled" in Daimler's attempt to uncomplicate
their current situation courtesy of Jurgen Shrempp having decided to
throw up his hands and quit after having turned DC into the
equivalent of Wal-Mart by buying up so many other money-stressed
entities along the way, leaving current Chrysler head Zetsche in
charge of the whole ball of wax.    And Dieter Zetsche is a business
man... if Chrysler doesn't continue to make enough money to make the
stockholders in Stuttgart (and elsewhere) happy, it could end up
liquidated... and JEEP will not be a part of it, likely to be sold
off separately to someone else.   Jeep seems to remain profitable,
according to DC.

>along with Peugeot/Citroen and Volkswagen

...not of the US Big Three.

>Dude......show me a US auto company that's made a profit in the last 2
>years!

See my 5 minutes previous post regarding cheap Chinese labor.

tony..