<VV> LM Jacking

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Fri Sep 16 20:10:33 EDT 2005

> Hokey folks, given all of the rong ways mentioned, what is the correct way to
> jack up the rear end of a LM to replace the starter & remove the lower
> shrouds ?
> Padgett

I have always used the triangle area too with good luck but recently
bought a 2nd Harbour Freight ATV type jack which is rated at 1500 lb.
I put one on ea side of car just aft of door and alternately jack up ea
side to the height desired and then put jack stands in the triangle spots
in rear and frame rails in front. The HF atv jacks were on sale for $59 ea
minus $12 for 20% internet coupon from their web site. Makes pretty cheap
jacking system and a good secondary support after jack stands are placed.
One small disadvantage is they do not lower as smoothly as a regular jack.

regards,

frank