<VV> Octane

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Sep 18 10:30:39 EDT 2005

In a message dated 9/18/2005 4:33:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
HiHal at adelphia.net writes:

> I'm in central Ohio (Chillicothe) and use 93 octane Shell premium in my
> 69 110. Even 93 doesn't stop all pinging with the smog heads on hot
> summer days.

***
Interesting!  My 69  110/4/3.27 geared coupe  never pings on 87 here in
NorCal!

What Jets?   Mine are now 52's  stock was 49?   I run thermostats year round
and it gets over 100 here...

I think you may also have an overactive VA!   Mine was coming in at 2"
Hg..book casllsfor 7"  and I dimpled my can to stop it drawing in before 10"

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug